FactoryTalk View - Cannot find tag in Tag Browser.

Rob S.

Good Morning ,

I'm working on a HMI project , and for some reason I cannot find some tags in the Tag Browser. Has this happened to you before ? I refreshed the folders. This is actually an old tag , and was in there before ? Can you possibly have too many tags ? If this is something that has happened to you , what did you do to fix this ?

Thanks so much ,

What is the tag address? If it is bit level you will have to add the .X because ME can't browse to the bit level.
Also, try rebooting your computer. This "seems" to fix/correct somethings with FT.

I've had this happen fairly often. Sometimes if you hit "refresh" with the PLC online, they will show up but sometimes not.

Honestly, I usually just copy a tag from another button or whatever to get the syntax right, then I copy the tag name right out of Logix Designer. Sometimes thats faster than drilling down through the tag list anyways.