MicroLogix 1400 communication issues

spaderkung

Dear all,

I am commissioning an untested system of
HMI: Mitsubishi GOT Simple GS2107
PLC: Micrologix 1400 B, 1766-L32BWAA
Cable RS232: 1761-CBL-PM02 Rev C, using CH0 the round one. Statet by the HMI manual.

Obviously I have some issues and would appreciate some pointers... Using the PLC diagnostic in RSLogix 500 under Channel Status i see counters going up but for each message sent there is also an undelivered. But it looks fairly ok, because if i deliberately mismatch the baud rate or the checksum BCC/CRC then I would get no comm at all or the bad packet counter.

There are not too many variables to play with. In PLC I use the CH0 DF1 Full Duplex (whatever should be selected here is not mentioned in either manual). Both the PLC and the HMI have some setting of Host adress that also are not really explained. Or if they matter only in larger systems?

I'm not sure the hardware combination is common, but any tips in general would alse be highly appreciated. For dev I connect to PC using Ethernet CH1, but I can also use PC over the Serial CH2 9 pin dsub with a null modem cable. CH0 I have only tested now with the HMI.

BR
Jon

Thanks,

On PLC I am using CH0, the round one.

On HMI I use the RS232 port.

The HMI connection info is listed in two separate documents, and AB is included. http://www.omniray.ch/got2000.html?...ual_NonMitsubishiProduct2_GTW3v1_081199-H.pdf. I see this is not the version I have, my document also has GS in it. But this link is better than nothing.

Prior conversations with Mitsi says it should be ok. Thay do not however have any PLCs to test with.

I think the issue is within the Mitsubishi GOT Simple and I have little xp with that.

Last edited:
dear spaderkung ,
i am using same hmi with Micrologix 1500 plc on CH0 ,communication cable PM02 but not getting communication between these , could you please share communication cable and other setting details please ??