Developing a FactoryTalk ME Offline without a online CompactLogix

Rob S.

Good Morning ,

I have a lot I need to do yet on a project , and I would like to spend a little
with my family . Sometimes I take work home . I would like to work on a FactoryTalk ME project . I usually connect my tags to the HMI application while online . I once knew how to develop a application while offline , and all I need is download to the Panelview Plus . I'm sorry , how do you do that ?

Thanks so much for your help all year . Merry Christmas.

In the RSLinx settings there's a field at the bottom to point to your offline plc project. Browse to where your file is, click ok & apply and you should be good to go. You'll have to right click and select refresh all folders in the tag browser though.

I "think" there are issues if the offline .ACD file is on a networked location so place your .ACD file on you desktop or C Drive.

You're quite right there Bob. I use VM's for my programming and always have to copy the offline PLC program to the desktop of my VM for it to work.

You can also set up Studio 5000 Logix Emulate in RSLinx and point your FT comms at it. It does a pretty good job at behaving like an actual processor. Lots of YouTube videos on how to set it up.