Factory talk view ME

dakota4065

I am new to programming panel views we used to have panelbuilder 32. I have a prox set up to count the rotation on a conveyor belt. I am switching over from a photo eye. I need to set up a program to read from the prox to a long and short cell counter. Do I use a tag for the prox and setup a macro for the two cell types or is it the other way around.

Are you counting a single spot on a sprocket (RPM), or a marker on the belt (specific distance)? Also, most of my experience would be that you do the logic in the PLC and just display the pertinent information in the PanleView. What are you trying to display? A calculation of the speed, or the actual time intervals of each?

I have a long cell which will be a count of 22 and a short cell a count of 12. This will move the belt a certain distance to X-Ray large or small parts. On the panel builder 32 you set it up so when you select that program it will move the right distance and you could adjust it on the old panel view. I no longer have aces to the old program so I do not know how it was setup before.

Do you still have access to the program at all? If not, I would guess that you are planning on wiring the new photo eye in place of the prox and using the same tag as before in the PLC. If this is the case you could use the expression functions in your display to show the values you want to see, but I agree with godcixelsyd that doing this in the PLC is preferable.

Take a look at the interlock pushbuttons. An interlock push button will allow you to give each button a value to write to the PLC. Set one up to send 22 and another to send 12. Each button will write to the same PLC tag. This tag will be used in the program to tell the conveyor how many cycles to travel. To modify use a numeric input enable button to write a different value to the same PLC Tag. The numeric input enable will open a keypad and allow you to enter a new value. This however will not change the values written by the interlock buttons but will allow you to modify the PLC value. If you change the value using the numeric input enable to something other than 22 or 12 then the interlock buttons will return to state 0.

Do you still have access to the program at all? If not, I would guess that you are planning on wiring the new photo eye in place of the prox and using the same tag as before in the PLC. If this is the case you could use the expression functions in your display to show the values you want to see, but I agree with godcixelsyd that doing this in the PLC is preferable.

Was it fun typing out my username? 🍻 First time I've seen it typed by someone else in a while.

Back on topic... Dakota, do you have access to the original panelview program to see what the tag was that the old one was referencing? And I believe if you do have that you can import it in on FactoryTalk and most of the basic items would work. May have to re-map the comm paths, and adjust the layout.