Weidmuller PLC5 Migration System

jsmith1817

i have not used it but do have about 8 plc5 migrations to do over next 5 years or more. it looks like the chassis becomes a marshalling rack only and your i/o is mounted elsewhere and the remote I/O adapter is redundant and can be removed completely.

Having used the Rockwell migration, I quite like it.
The one issue I had was that the digital output conversion cards have fuses in them which are non-standard.

I can see where Weidmuller are coming from with this, but usually on a conversion, you would want to have the new PLC in the same footprint as the existing PLC, whereas this looks like your new PLC is elsewhere, depending on the cable lengths for the cards.
Not sure I would use it for my needs.

Hello cruel world, from GregATyler.

An old boss has a small problem he has asked me to help him with. GE FANUK controller, motors, and sensors already installed on a custom CNC Machine that is ready to go out the door, but since GE quit the Controller business, and SUPPORT of same, his customer does not want it.

SOoooo ... does anyone know which product to is the best to replace a GE FANUK PLC Controller with, that will run the same custom programming, that again, is already done and ready to go out the door?

Thanks for your time and consideration.
~Greg