PanelView 2711P

oldnerd

Hi all ran into something that I have not seen before. I have a 2711P-T12W PanelView. Just flashed to Ver. 12, saved the runtime file VER 12 load it up and when it runs it runs behind the windows CE desktop screen.
Has anyone seen this one before?

A few years back Rockwell/AB changed the WinCE desktop access "disabled" to a new default of firmware 8.1 and newer.
Now the initial configuration setup requires new password and security question to access the WinCE desktop.

I'm not sure but maybe the (Open System) is the default mode after a firmware update...

The open system configuration launches the windows explorer shell on start-up and puts the PVP in WinCE desktop mode.

The closed system configuration launches the FTVME on start-up.

There are two ways to change this open/closed system modes.
In the WinCE desktop mode > Start > Settings > Control Panel > System > Startup Options > Shell/Type > select (Open System) or (Closed System)... restart PVP.

In the FTVME mode > Terminal Settings > Desktop Access Setup > toggle the "Desktop Access" Allow/Disallow.