Rindstrum C500 RsLogix 5000 Generic Ethernet Module

It appears their EDS file does not work for RSlogix 5000.

Note: An EDS file is used to allow RSLinx to see the device and collect basic information on it. What you want for hardware/addressing configuration in Logix -- and Rinstrum apparently doesn't provide -- is an AOP (Add-On Profile).

Edit: Look at the Assembly Object table (20.3.3) for sizing based on instance you are reading/writing

Last edited:
Some Electronic Data Sheets provide enough information for Studio 5000 Logix Designer to create an "EDS based Add On Profile". That feature was introduced in v21 or so, so it's been around a while.

Evidently the Rindstrum EDS doesn't have that much information, so you have to use the classic "Generic Ethernet Module" method of configuring a cyclic I/O connection, which requires you to specify the Assembly Instance number and size in bytes.

You have a choice of Assemblies that you can choose to use with the I/O tree object.

In EtherNet/IP cyclic implicit data connection lingo, the Rindstrum C500 is the "Target" and the ControlLogix is the "Originator".

"T-> O" means "Target to Originator", which is referred to as an "Input" assembly in Studio 5000.

"O -> T" means "Originator to Target", so that's an "Output" assembly.

This EtherNet/IP implementation is really pretty sophisticated, and ideally the vendor will have some example logic for using the basic I/O and the "Rincmd Protocol Object".

If you just want to set up the simplest I/O connection, use Assembly 100 for the Input Assembly, size 8 bytes and Assembly 150 for the Output Assembly, size 12 bytes. I would make them DINT data types (4 bytes each) and then parse the Input SINTs and INT out of the second DINT in the input.

Collected notes on the topic of how to configure and "map" this data to Logix tags, in PDF format, attached to this post.