Unable to Upload RSlogix5000

qwemx

I am trying to upload program from 1769-L32C using RSlogix5000, Communication is established but when uploading it goes through these steps

Connecting to controller
Creating Project
Reading controller status
Ready

and nothing happens
Battery OK stays grey does it mean the program is gone ?

There is a card in the CPU so I believe program should be there

Last edited:
Does the logix5000 version match with the firmware version of the 1769-l32 c ?

Try using the data monitor option in rslinx to check if there is any program in the plc. If a program is in the plc, rslinx will show the tag names & tag values.

What are the Run, OK, and I/O indicators doing? What is your online status? What position is your key switch in?

I think the BAT indicator being grey means there is no trouble there.

Online Banner.PNG

https://www.dropbox.com/s/koryxg1zmunschj/vid-20210923-wa0043.mp4?dl=0

tried in all three positions to upload but not able to upload
Run is green when it is chaged to run mode

yesterday contacted the rockwell support
and the engineer told that the compact flash card should also have the program in .ACD file and on checking the compact flash card found there no .ACD file , on checking the data monitor in Rslinx it shows several Tags , upload fails though

the cpu has been powered off for a long time and battery OK is nit green so my conclusion from what rockwell support said that maybe the program has been lost and firmware is 15.31 and rockwell support engineer said only firmware 20.xx can load program from compact flash card

Last edited:
in Rslinx if use the data monitor option tags are visible
but uploading fails could it be because v15 is not supported in Windows 7

What are the Run, OK, and I/O indicators doing? What is your online status? What position is your key switch in?

I think the BAT indicator being grey means there is no trouble there.

yes the battery is not a trouble I assumed that Battery OK should also show green like for example Controller Ok but on reading the manual it says Battery OK when stay grey (off) it means its OK and when there is a problem it will go Red which is not consistent with others like Controller OK going green so I was thinking initially as if battery is Not OK but it is because this indicator goes either Red or stays grey - a bit inconsistent