control of a vertical gantry using s7-200 and a stepper motor control board

sala

Hello to all.
I need some help in controlling a vertical gantry using a s7-200 with only I/O digital ports and a ST400NT stepper motor control board. the gantry stops at different points due to opto-switches.
I would like to use distributed control where the plc tells the motor control board to start and stop. I am a novice at plcs so can someone please respond or it would be most appriciated if a sample code can be given to me
thank you(the board can be viewed on http://www.rmv.com/st400nt_mi.htm)
the board as one of its features can be controlled using serial link, can the s7-222 cpu with I/O control a motor controller board like that?

Last edited: