Trouble setting up NPORT express with SLC 5/04. PLEASE HELP!

wlemst88

Hello all,

I recently picked up a MOXA Nport Express DE-311 so that I could try putting a SLC 5/04 on an ethernet network. Apparently what I am trying to do works, but I can't for the life of me figure out how do do it.

Basically, I have the ethernet end of the nport hooked up to my laptop via a crossover cable. I can telnet into the nport over the ehternet so I know that I have that part working right.

I am hooked into the SLC over DH+ so that I can modify the Serial settings in the processor, and am telnetting into the nport device so that I can modify the nport's serial settings.

Basically I am looking for a pass-through from serial to ethernet so that it basically looks like a connection to a SLC 5/05 over ethernet.

Anyone out there who can help me?

Thanks In advance
Wes Lemstra

I think you are trying to get a SLC on a ethernet network by connecting the serial port of the SLC to the Nport. The Nport works like a virtual com port, in order to get online with the slc via ethernet you will have to install the software that creates a virtual com port (on the computer you will use to go online) then use that com port (usally 3 but can be whatever you want) to get online with the SLC, use the DF1 driver (confiqured for the port you created) just like you would if you were connected to the SLC with a CP3 cable. You do not use a ethernet driver in RSLinx.

Hope this helps a little. I did this about a year ago so I am a little rusty. Call Moxa tech support for help on creating the virtual com port.