Devicenet Error Code 77

Problem Fixed (Summary)

chavak said:
Hi,

I have used Festo FB11 as a device which have its own I/O 64 + 64, if any changes is done you have to save it to FB11 by pressing the Save button on top of it. Chek you have done so

After knowing what I know now, some mistakes were obviously made in the original troubleshooting conclusion which led to the statement "The problem follows the node number and not the device".

I arrived with my devicenet software, pcmcia card, cables, and traffic analyzer lite.

Upon connecting to the network, I was able to go online to the device net network. Node 1 (problem node that is still flashing 77 on the scanner) did not show up in the device tree. I performed an upload from the scanner and saw node 1 in the scan list, just like it should be.

I was able to connect to the device net network at the device's location to determine that the network was ok.

After playing (plugging one top hat cable at a time into the last port, cycling power on the Node, and pressing the save button) with the Festo CP device and the Festo tophats that connect to it, I was able to determine the following:

The Festo CP Node device changes the amount of data it reports/requests to/from the scanner module based off of how many devices are connected. A device (Festo top hat) connected to port 3 (numbered 0-3)was bad. Since the save button on the Festo CP was pressed with this faulty device attached, the Festo CP device only thought that 3 devices were attached to it, so it reported 3 words to the Scanner, instead of 4.

P.S. If you are climbing down a ladder with a laptop, and your pcmcia cable gets caught and pulls the pcmcia card out. Don't push it back in. Blue screen of death, ugh.

P.P.S. Ken, I have some traffic analyzer files for you

Okay, for those of you who are curious, here's the results of the traffic analyzer data captures on DeviceNet.

When a DeviceNet master establishes an I/O connection to a slave device, it goes through some explicit messaging first to let the slave know what kind of connection it's requesting, and to check the electronic keying objects that it's been set up to check. It also checks the slave device's intended I/O connection sizes.

This is what didn't match in this protocol trace. The scanner asked the Festo slave for it's Produced Data size, expecting it to reply "8 bytes". Instead, it replied "4 bytes" so the master declared an Error 77 and went about it's business of configuring the other slaves. Two seconds later, it tried again and was again rebuffed, and so on.

0x40E 2 0x6 01 6
Interpreted Grp/Msg ID: Group 2 Only Unconnected Explicit Msg
Interpreted Data: Frag:0 XID:0 MacId:0
Request Service[0x4B]:Open Connection
Raw Data: 03 01 03 00 Master requests Polled I/O Connection

0x40B 2 0x3 01 3
Interpreted Grp/Msg ID: Slave's Explicit/Unconnected Msg
Response Service[0x4B]:Open Connection
Raw Data: 00 Slave device agrees to Polled connection

0x40C 2 0x4 01 5
Interpreted Grp/Msg ID: Master's Connected Explicit Msg
Request Service[0x0E]:Get Attribute Single
Raw Data: 01 01 01 Master asks for Vendor Number

0x40B 2 0x3 01 4
Response Service[0x0E]:Get Attribute Single
Raw Data: 1A 00 Slave replies Vendor 0x1A = 25 dec (Festo Corporation)

0x40C 2 0x4 01 5
Raw Data: 01 01 02 Master asks Device Type

0x40B 2 0x3 01 4
Raw Data: 19 00 Slave replies Device Type = 0x19 = 26 dec (Pneumatic Valve)

0x40C 2 0x4 01 5
Raw Data: 01 01 03 Master asks Device Product Code

0x40B 2 0x3 01 4
Raw Data: C0 00 Slave replies Product Code 0xC0 = 192 dec (CP-FB11E device)

0x40C 2 0x4 01 7
Request Service[0x10]:Set Attribute Single
Raw Data: 05 02 09 50 00 Master sets EPR timeout to 80 milliseconds

0x40B 2 0x3 01 4
Response Service[0x10]:Set Attribute Single
Raw Data: 50 00 Slave agrees to 80 millisecond EPR timeout

0x40C 2 0x4 01 5
Raw Data: 05 02 08 Master asks Produced Data size

0x40B 2 0x3 01 4
Raw Data: 04 00 Slave replies "4 bytes". Wrong answer !

linx

You can makes a pass-through via RSLinx to reconfiguring your scanner.
You must having rslinx gateway.

Is this what you are referring to joe joe?

Allen-Bradley 1747-SDN Pass Through driver
The 1747-SDN Pass Through driver provides access to DeviceNet through a 1747-SDN/SLC (5/03 or higher) module pair for a host computer. Using this driver, the host computer can transact on DeviceNet when it has a connection to a processor rather than a direct connection to the DeviceNet network. The 1747 Rack in which the processor resides must also contain a 1747-SDN (1747 DeviceNet Scanner) module to enable this access. 1747-SDN Revision 4.015 is required.

Important: To enable pass through access through a 1747-SLC, you must use RSLogix 500 to configure the M0 and M1 files associated with the 1747-SDN to be a minimum of 361 words in length. You can access the M file configuration by launching I/O Configuration within RSLogix 500, and then selecting the appropriate 1747-SDN. The M file size changes must be downloaded to the SLC. Also, the SLC must be placed in "Run Mode" at least once since its last power cycle for 1747 pass through

Problem:
1747-SDN Revision 4.015 is required

error 77 on Powerflex700

Reviving this thread to address a problem I am experiencing.

This is a new installation.

I am using a 1747-SDN, connecting to a PowerFlex 700 VFD. I continue to get the 'error 77', I have done the 'auto' mapping or addressing in RSNetworx and still have the problem. How do I find out what size the data transfer should be for the 700?

The single drive is the only thing on this network.

Hello,

Please I have the same problem, I have an error code 77 on the screen of my 1747 SDN, please ganutenator can you tell my how you have doing before it worked please?

Thanks
Regards.

Last edited: