How to import Modbus tags into CCW

We have an application that is being ported to a CCW project. The application has a modbus map that must be used in the CCW project. There are over 250 registers in the map. Also, the modbus register map reflects the registers/variables that will be used in the CCW ap.

I guess my question should have been, "How do I import variables, along with the modbus mapping information, into the CCW project database?

Every Modbus slave(server) has a Modbus map that defines what is where and typically what format the data is.

Alternatively, when a Modbus master/client reads data from a Modbus slave/server, it has to do something with the data, move it somewhere into some kind of register where it can dealt with.

Most Modbus slave/server maps are fixed; the manufacturer defines what is where. Some Modbus maps are custom, like on some wireless gateways, where the user defines which of the potential tens of thousands of tags are to be used and which tags are in which location.

I haven't a clue what CCW is, but when you use the words 'Modbus map' I think of the registers where internal data resides, but that might not be the way you are using the words.

Are you referring to
- a CCW Modbus map of internal variables (that CCW slave/server presents to the world) or
- where data gets moved to when CCW (as a master/client) reads data via Modbus?

I don't think there is a method for bulk import/export of the Modbus data map in Connected Components Workbench (CCW).

I've always had to create the Modbus registers one at a time, right there in the project organizer.

It was an opportunity to practice serenity.

When I refer to "Modbus Map", I am referring simply to an excel spreadsheet with a list of parameters and modbus addresses associated with them.

I have figured out a way to "import" the parameters in the way of variables into the global variable space by exporting the variables, modifying the exported files to add the new variables, then importing the files back into the project. What I haven't been able to figue out is how to do the same thing with the modbus information. According to the manual, the CCW project Modbus information can be exported, however, I can't seem to locate this information in any of the exported files.