RSView32 VBA

Hi,
I got a RSview32 project from site with VBA scripts and trying to run on my local machine to make some graphical changes. VB scripts are used in the project to open and close windows, rather than the straight RSView commands, to allow for the correct handling of different types of window. At any one time, the application displays 3 background windows, and an optional set of overlays.
The problem is, when I am running the project, the first 3 windows which are called by startup macro appears and I can't go any further than this. Which I click on navigate button which calls for a VBA code to be executed, in the activity window at the bottom I get the following messages
1. VBAexec winanydisplay win\overview ( This is the code which resides in Button, winanydisplay is the name of the function)
2. "ThisProject.winanydisplay" does not exist (In the VBA editor this code appears)
3. "VBAexec winanydisplay win\overview" failed.
The application is running fine at site. I have used RSview Transport utility to get the project. I don't know the missing link. Even though the VBA code exist in the project,I don't know why when I run the application it doesn't work.
Please point me in right direction. Thanks in advance.
Cheers.

The application is running fine at site. I have used RSview Transport utility to get the project. I don't know the missing link. Even though the VBA code exist in the project,I don't know why when I run the application it doesn't work.
Please point me in right direction. Thanks in advance.
Cheers.

Dont look in your VB look elsewhere, I never had much luck using the transport utility, most of the time.... well ALL of the time I had to go back and fix it, there would be something left off, most of the time I would do a side by side comparison of both applications, its been awhile since I played with View32 so not much help. The two links below are the manuals they may help but I think you are better off just comparing them.

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/vw32-um001_-en-e.pdf

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/gr/vw32-gr001_-en-e.pdf

Like Geniusintraining it is a while since I last used RSView32 but there are a couple of things I would check:-
i)Do you have all of the required active_x components installed. These will show up as dependencies in the VBA editor.
ii)Do you have any other VBA enabled applications installed. I have had issues before where the VBA was trying to use the wrong libraries because the DLL's installed by another application (Excel in my case) had taken preference. The only way I could fix this was to use the full name for the affected VBA functions - ie Left("String") becomes VBA.Left("String").

Thanks members for the valuable suggestions.Its working now.
There was a ".exe" file missing which was specific to the project. Also I had to point to the location in the VBA editor where I saved that file on my laptop as default location was as per the setup done on site to the application.

Thanks members for the valuable suggestions.Its working now.
There was a ".exe" file missing which was specific to the project. Also I had to point to the location in the VBA editor where I saved that file on my laptop as default location was as per the setup done on site to the application.

:site: 🍺