Panelview VNC Viewer

Has anyone ever tried using a VNC Viewer on there panel view to view a different panel view? Wondering if I can get a VNC compatible with windows CE to mimic another panel view.

I would love to know this too :). No contracts with RA :)

Yes it is possible. For this to work you need to make sure Desktop Access is set to Allow on both terminals. Refer to PanelView Plus 6 and PanelView Plus 7: Enabling Desktop Access.
1.Go to My Device and navigate to \Windows\Programs
2.Copy the VNC Viewer shortcut.
3.Paste it on your Desktop.
4.Right-click on the new shortcut and go to Properties
5.Click on the Shortcut tab.
6.Enter the <IP address> of the terminal you are trying to connect to.
7.Click OK.

That Should answer it

Last edited:
Hi All, I am trying to run VNC on my PVP CE. This is not a 6 or a 7. It is just PVP CE.

Logic Module: CAT 2711p-rp6

When i open my Control Panel\Remove Programs, i can only see 2 available applications. FTView ME and FTViewpoint. No VNC.

From watching this video,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8_GAzgqeyU&t=190s

This PVP has VNC installed. This is confirmed because it has a "Server Config" and "Services" options available in the Control Panel.

The panelview used in this video is :
Screen: 2711p-rdt12c
logic module: 2711p-rp8d

This information confirms that both the video creator and myself am using a PVP from the same family; Just PVP, not 6, not 7.

I have updated my firmware to the latest available firmware; V5.10.16.

Still no VNC.

I have downloaded a VNC for ME from the web, transferred the installation file to the PVP, then attempted to install. No good. I do not think this is possible.

Can anyone please advise what i should do in order to get VNC into my PVP?

Thank you.

Hey James, Thank you for your response.

I have been in communication with the youtube video creator showing the VNC application.

Initially i was under the impression our models of PVP were of the same range. Unfortunately they were not. The PVP range the creator was using, 2711p-rp8d is actually a PVP6. Whereas the model i have; 2711p-rp6, is a PVP only. Not the PVP6.

The creator also advised me, to the best of his knowlege, that users are not able to install programs into their PVP. I presume installation function is locked out.

At this stage, i am of the impression that if i want to use VNC, then i will need to upgrade my PVP module.

I know some of the new panels put out do not have the VNC capability. A job I was just on I was able to use VNC on the MobileView but not on the PVP 7 because it was the wrong series. Maybe check that out too.

TR