Programming cable for CQM1H

The CPM1-CIF01 has the "old style / large" peripheral port connector on the pigtail and the Omron pin out DB9 on the front.
This unit works with the CN220-EU cable to communicate with CPM series, CQM1 and C200HS and newer processors. It will not work with the original C200H cpu.

You can use the two cables your Omron dealer quoted, those will work for the CQM1H (original post).

You could also use the cable below from GeniusInTraining. This is a single cable, USB to mini peripheral port.

https://www.plccable.com/omron-plc-cable-usb-cs1w-cn226-cs1wcn226-usb-version/

Above will work for CQM1H.

You would need the cable below for the CPM1A to connect to the peripheral port.

https://www.plccable.com/omron-plc-cable-usb-version-of-cqm1-cif02-usb-cif02/

Or this cable to connect to the DB9 on the CIF01.

https://www.plccable.com/omron-plc-cable-usb-c200hs-cn220-eu/

Sorry, not able to help on the Logo.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Thanks Jeff!! (great support as always)

Kal, we stopped selling the Logo cable, we had to many issues with them also thanks for the order we will ship today

Are these CQM1H obsolete?

The cable I ordered and promptly received (thanks geniusintraining :)) have a connector unlikely to be on the old CPU I need to connect to. It goes back a long way.
I don't have picture of the port but I'm starting to wondered if I need an adapter or another cable.

In all of google and other search engines......not a single image of the CPU with the peripheral door open to view the port, amazing.

2017-07-11 13.08.31.jpg

Sometimes you need a 'Link Adapter' but I think on that CPU using the Peripheral Port you would need the CN226, looks like a mini HDMI connector, I think you bought one of them

Awesome!!
Thanks Mark!

kalabdel,
The above image should help to understand the difference in ports between the CQM1 and CQM1H.
Both have been discontinued by Omron.
CQM1 discontinued in 2001, CQM1H in 2012.

Hope this will help.

Both cables worked well. I installed the drivers at home and which made my life very easy on site. Interestingly enough, I plugged the CN226 into a CS1H-CPU66H thinking I was working on the machine that had the CQM1H and uploaded the program with no issues. Bonus.

Thanks Mark.

Kal

The CIF31 is not cheap but is a little ripper. I have tried just about everything on the market for USB/serial and it is the only one that has never caused a problem to be honest - with any equipment. Have also purchased some USB/RS485 and USB/RS422 converters that had FTDI chips in them - they rip!

Both cables worked well. I installed the drivers at home and which made my life very easy on site. Interestingly enough, I plugged the CN226 into a CS1H-CPU66H thinking I was working on the machine that had the CQM1H and uploaded the program with no issues. Bonus.

Thanks Mark.

Kal

Your welcome glad you got everything working, thanks for the orders!

Big thanks to Jeff great support, as always!