Reliance Automax

stallone

Hi all,

i have an issue with a printing press at a customer of mine,
they still running the reliance automax system, and recently got an error with the Autobus interface card.

The part number of the card is 770.90.10, it went faulty so we put in a spare we had and that part number is 770.90.21,
i believe the cards are compatable however the 770.90.21 will require some mods to the filters but not to sure of this procedure or what to do,

Anyone out there with some knowledge with this ancient old system:confused:

Yikes! If I'm remembering the function of an Autobus card correctly, it was to interface an AutoMax to really old Reliance AutoMate I/O that didn't support DCSNet.

Can you get online with the AutoMax to look at the configuration task or card configuration (depending on your firmware)?

Hi Automax,

yes it is to interface an AutoMax , really old Reliance AutoMate I/O.

We can get online with the AutoMax to look at the configuration.

What can we look for to change the filters, apparently the oem odf the machine says that the 2 different version cards are compatible but with hardware changes, ie the filter configuration

Well, for starters, what version is the AutoMax in question?

I don't have much experience with the Autobus cards, but I think they configure like other AutoMax comm devices. So if it's a pre-version 3 (or so) AutoMax it should have a configuration task written in basic. If it's newer it will be configured directly in the Programming Executive.

I'm not quite clear what is meant by "filters", perhaps you mean comm settings? I'll check my dedicated Reliance computer when I get home and see if I have a manual.

It is a pre version 3 software.

When i spoke with with the oem machine makers on the phone, they mentioned something about the 2 cards being compatible but not without hardware changes to the card.

They said when they installed the machine way back when, they had made changes to the configuration filters for the comms.

Im sorry im not 100% clear on what they ment by that, bad phone line, language barrier, etc.