PLC Digital inputs & Analog Inputs Signal

Ones_Zeros

Hello,
I was wondering if you guys could help explain to me how the
wiring and signal on Digital and Analog inputs/outputs run from the PLC to the end device.

I'm wanting to learn how this process works and alot of
times when I set this up in the SCADA software, the wiring is already completed.

Say on a digital input/output wiring does 24v run on the positive wire going to the device and neutral back to PLC?

also for the Analog input/output wiring, how does the signal run from the PLC to the end device and back to PLC. For example to open a valve or to read a analog pressure?

Sorry for dumb questions, I dont just want to set this up in the software, i want to fully understand the wiring scheme and how the signal runs.

Maybe you guys can explain it in simple terms

thanks again