Click PLC comm

PhillipA

Hi. I'm trying to get a message from a Click PLC to a servo drive. I am using an ASCII protocol to send the message. I've been told that I need to send a Hex 0A as a line feed first then I need to have a ^J termination code. I've tried various ways and ideas as to achieve this. But none have worked so far. Does anyone here have any experience with this that could please assist me? Thanks.

Have you tried swapping "+" and "-"? I have given up (long ago) trying to figure out on paper whether + goes to A or "R" or "S", and I just try it, verify all my port settings on all devices, and swap wires if it doesn't work.

The Click with ASCII is something I have not done, but I did run into trouble with the TXT data type not behaving correctly when I was doing some compares or copying.

You might search the A/D forum and post your question there too. it's less traveled than this site, but there is quite a bit of traffic now and it's all A/D stuff.

https://forum.automationdirect.com/

I have tried swapping the + and - earlier on. But not since I talked to the tech support with the servo that told me the about the termination code and the line feed stuff. I do appreciate your help. I've never done any ASCII messages before. So it's new to me and I'm just unsure of how to get this done.

Within the ASCII box, use the Embed ASCII Code function below the text box. If you do it right, it will show ($0A) in red.
Use the Termination Code (ASCII HEX Code) function for your termination code.

If your drive has Modbus, do that instead of ASCII. You'll be much happier. All of the Modbus stuff is done in the background.
The ASCII boxes work, but text manipulation using TXT boxes has serious issues, i.e, lots of bugs.

Last edited: