Copying drive parameter in MM440

richiejohn07

Hi all,
i m new to this forum. i recently had an assignment where the user wanted to copy parameters from Siemens Micromaster 440 using BOP. Help required.

Thanks in advance,
Ricky

I believe one can use the BOP to access the drive parameters, one by one, to copy them out by hand. (A real pain in the rump because there seems to be hundreds of them.)

We have some MicroMaster 420's . . . and I'm pretty sure one can identify and copy out a subset of parameters, then set the new drive to the defaults and just punch in the pertinent values.

What I just finished doing, was to install 'Starter' in my Step 7 system. Then I 'Inserted' the drives and set the 'templates' for the drives communications parameters and the profibus addresses. Once I had everything set up right, I told it to go online and then download all the drive parameters and save them all in the 'project'.

I'm confident that if I have to replace a drive now, what I'll have to do is install the replacement drive. Set the Profibus address manually. Then upload the parameters to the drive. (On the 420 I believe the profibus address is set with DIP switches on the profibus module which goes right under the operator panel.)

MadPoet.