Installing S7 Lite on a Vista or Windows 7 machine ?

Have a search here - I remember someone commenting that there is a file that you can change that looks for the Windows version. You could try that - it may not work of course.
The other issue you may haver is that the drivers may not work in Vista or Windows 7.
Also do a search on MrPLC - I may have seen the comment there.

I succesfully installed Step 7 lite on windows 7 but was an Virtualization technique, which consist in using Virtual-PC (the package for using diversing OS environment), firts one must to downloading Virtual PC and after that the OS system itself, then i did downloaded Windows XP Mode (for Windows 7 32 Bits), (all of that is free of charge, as well as Step 7 Lite ).
With the virtual enrionment setted allready, can install Step 7 Lite SP 4.0

Hope this could be helping notes, Regards!