S7 300 - Reset PLC password - URGENT

Snail.cz

Hi all,
Right now I am on Commisioning in Vietnam and I need urgent help with resetting PLC password.
I have got safety PLC S7 300, CPU 315F-2 PN/DP. I have correct password for safety program, but when I want download safety program or HW configuration to PLC I need another which I don’t have.
So, my questions are:
1) PLC password is stored on MMC? Because I tried reset PLC to delivery state and it didn’t help me.
2) Is there any possibility to format card without any special tool? In Siemens manual is written, that I cannot reset MMC in PLC using MRES button unless PLC isn’t requesting it.
3) Anybody tried this program? http://personal.telefonica.terra.es/web/suwe/ I have got Windows 7 and integrated card reader in my laptop. Maybe I can find laptop with windows XP. MMC card is 2MB.
Any other idea? I can completely erase all program in PLC, it doesn’t matter.
Thank all very much.

You can reset the MMS card in a siemens field PG, don't try it in a normal pc as it will not work. Obviously make sure you have a complete back up of your program! :)

There is another way to reset the mmc card without a field pg. Just plug the mmc card into another CPU with different configuration.

The new CPU will ask for memory card reset as the config on MMC card is different. You can now use the MRES on this CPU to reset the MMC.

You still need a different CPU to do this...

You will find that the password is stored on the mms card, you can try a new mms card or possibly try an overall reset of the cpu from the stop, run mres switch

You will find that the password is stored on the mms card, you can try a new mms card or possibly try an overall reset of the cpu from the stop, run mres switch

I dont have other MMC card, It take a long time to send it from europe.

Do you mean "Reset to Delivery state" ? I tried this, it didnt help.

How should i erase the 128KB MMC memory,

There is another way to reset the mmc card without a field pg. Just plug the mmc card into another CPU with different configuration.

The new CPU will ask for memory card reset as the config on MMC card is different. You can now use the MRES on this CPU to reset the MMC.

You still need a different CPU to do this...

Hello,

I have used 128KB MMC Siemens Memory,
I need to make this memory ready for new PLC,

I have two new PLC, 312 but if i use it and try to delete the program online,
Some DB, FC and SFC do not delete by this way,

I need some way to erase the 128KB MMC memory and make it same new one.

Do you have any way to make it as new 128KB MMC memory?

I have not Siemens special device but i have s7imgrd2 & s7imgwr2 and these application works, maybe if i have the empty 128KB memory image,
I can write it on 128KB MMC memory and use it as new one.

Please help me.
Thank you, Hesam