Getting Instance DFB public variable on Unity Pro from Vijeo Citect 7.2

ndelucca

Hi everyone, i wanted to ask if its possible to read public variables on a DFB's instance on Unity Pro S, from vijeo citect 7.2 using OPC OFS.
I noticed it is possible to access arrays, so i think this should be available too rigth?. thanks

They are certainly accessible throughout the Unity program. I would suspect they should be availble through OFS, make sure you give the instance of the DFB a name (as opposed to the auto generated name).
Can you give it a try?

I tried to access theese variables like i do with DDT, by using in VijeoCitect, the path name of the variable, i.e: DFB named Motor_1, variable named Failure_1, the direction on VijeoCitect i used was Motor_1.Failure_1. I also tried using the alias! first, but neither of theese worked.

What do you mean by the Alias. When you create a DFB (eg Motor) and then use that in your program it will have an instance name (eg Motor_1), if Failure_1 is one of the declared public variables within that DFB then you can access that variable throughout the program using Motor_1.Failure_1 (In fact you can access any of the Output variables for this DFB as well).

Just remembered there is a parameter for each variable (and also each function block) to make it available to a hmi. If you right click on the variable or in your case the instance of the function block, and select 'data properties' there are a whole set of parameters available, one of those parameters is a selection that will make it available to a hmi

Thanks for the help GeoffC, i tried using the property for HMI but it didnt work, still i was able to fix the issue by declaring the variables as VAR_IN_OUT for the motor block. Its not the safest way to go, but its quite simple.