Factory Talk View Studio v5.1 to v5.0 Incompatability

bkfrodo

I have Factory Talk View Studio v5.0 CPR9 Site Edition installed on a PC.

Recently, I received a Factory Talk ME Application file (.apa) for a new project but when I tried to restore it with Application Manager, it generated an error "Not a valid archive file".

I contacted my vendor and found that the application file was created in Factory Talk View Studio v5.1 so that's why it doesn't open with version 5.0. He then sent me the project Run time file (.mer) in version 5.0 instead. I restored the (.mer) file using Application Manager, but the application file produced still not opens in Factory Talk View Studio v5.0 giving the error that "Application was created in a higher version".

I am required to open the ME project Application file in my Factory Talk View Studio v5.0 in order to access the tags and the graphics.

Please suggest a solution to the above problem.

I think you will need to upgrade to FT ME 5.1 unfortunately.
Also, I think the 5.0 mer is related the the firmware in the PV+ but I could be incorrect and if so someone will come along and correct me.

HTH

Yes, Bob is right, you can use 5.10 software to create an older runtime for the panelview, but I think it is not possible to create an older revision archive. We had a similar issue, since 5.0 could not be succesfully installed on my desktop at work, I was forced to move to 5.10 which meant any work I did was no longer available to the other three 5.0 studio licenses we had.

Upgrade to 5.10

If you are running rslogix 5000 v19 then go to Ftv 6.0 to avoid conflicts between the FTSPs. JUst my 2cents