AutoCAD LT for Electrical Diagrams??

Timeismoney08

Just curios how many people use LT for Electrical Schematics?

We use it at work, because the company doesn't want to fork up $4k, so I was just curious if anyone else deals with this..

Thanks!

I have used it in the past.

Personally, it sucks. Everything takes 10x as long as Autocad Electrical - but that is assuming you know how to use Electrical. If you don't know how to use electrical, it will take longer to learn than it would to do a project with LT - especially if you need to create a library to match the look of existing prints. It is a great tool, but just like autocad, it isn't super intuitive and it takes a while to learn the ins and outs.

When I had to use LT, I ended up buying my own copy of Bricscad. It only does 2d, but it allows the use of lisp routines and plugins that Autocad Lt doesn't. It makes title blocks, stamps, etc much easier to deal with.

I use LT and I like it but then again I have only used LT so take that with a grain of salt. I am sure there are better software packages for electrical but since I do both Mechanical and Electrical LT works good for me.

I use LT and since I'm used to it, it's mostly fine. Some annoying things but generally easy to work with.

I used it a little in the past, and I have it on one of my computers, but I try to avoid it. I liked more some of the other available free CADs than LT. Now I'm using SkyCAD.

I also have used AutoCAD LT for my prints, but now have switched to SkyCad. It is free and in my opinion has a very short learning curve compared to other electrical cad programs I have tried in the past.

We use LT here. Don't like it. I would use NanoCAD or any other free CAD's out there over this high priced stripped down version of AutoCAD.

Have used ACAD Electrical since the beginning (VIA Diagram add-on) and loved it, once it was implemented. Creating all the libraries was the pain.

we use autocad, just upgraded a system to autocad 2019 with add on tools and got the electrical package.

I have built my libraries over 20 years and use autocad. electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical components.
I programmed lisp for a long time for a digitizer, now I have to look for the items in my library.

james

Long ago, for a previous employer (who didn't care to cough up the shekels for AutoCAD), I used AutoCAD LT. Since he didn't want to pay for much of anything, I purchased my own license for Via Development's Via Schematic LITE; this was the LT-capable version of what was eventually bought out by Autodesk and became AutoCAD Electrical.

LT took some accepting of limitations, but for 2D electrical drawings, and adding on Via Schematic, it did everything I needed. Since Via Schematic is no longer available, not sure how well it would be suited unless you can locate a symbol library.

I use AutoCAD Electrical at work, and AutoCAD at home, with my copy of Via Schematic still going strong.