RSView SE

unsunghippie

I have a system consisting of 2 SCADA computers running RSView SE, a contrologix and and RFID scanner. Due to this equipment moving to China, I changed the IP addresses of all the components.

I have established communications with one of the computers (the one with studio on it), but upon bringing up the other computer, I get a Message Box from RSView SE Client stating "Failed to Load Services", and when looking at the application log in windows I get "The description for event id(0) in source (SAProject) cannot be found........ The following info is part of this event: SAGetService:Result of Server Framework::Get Service Provider 80004005.

I have quadruple checked the IP address, and the sharing of the C drive between the two computers. At this point I am at a loss.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Edit:

Could this be a Factory Talk issue? I know nothing about Factory Talk.

Last edited:
Did you go through the client setup?
(I dont mean installing the software .... I mean creating the .cli file so client knows where to look).

Thats a good indication if the client PC can see the server application.

If when you go through that it finds the Area and you can specify a startup graphic from the application then your hardware connection is in good shape.

Data Comms is done through RS Linx Enterprise via the Server so you shouldn't have to worry about that part if you can see the PLC from Studio.

If that worked then check your security permissions in Factory Talk AND Studio as BOTH need to be set up correctly for Client to run properly when you start it.

Thanks for the input. What I did to fix this was stop the HMI server, and restore the application from a backup that I made before I started this process (like a good little boy). All is well.
I would have gotten back sooner, but you probably heard a bridge collapsed about 2 miles from here.

Last edited: