FactoryTalk SE Alarms & Events

Robot_Man

I'm at the stage of adding a graphic page to show Alarms and Events in a project using RSFactoryTalk SE running as a 'Local' single PC networked with several PLC's.

So I don't disturb the PLC software, I want to use HMI Tag based Alarms & Events.

The 'help' file directs me to set-up a new Alarm Server (done - Load when o/s initialises) and configure an Alarm and Event Setup with my alarms (done - tried a mixture of direct addressing and also with HMI Tags).

I've checked out the HMI Tag Alarm Log Setup under Tools leaving the default Logging path and setting my File Management. Nothing under Central Logging.

Next, I've created a new Display and added in an Object as Alarm and Event Summary Design View. Double-clicking on the object I have added my Event Sources under the Event Subscriptions tab.

Running this I get nothing when I press a button to cause an Alarm. I use the same button for a direct ref. and as an HMI Tag ref.

Now, further reading of Help file has got me ticking the box for Enable History in the Alarm Server Properties, however I'm faced with Database Definition and then it wanders off into user names and passwords for MS SQL database.... I've set nothing up here and not certain if MS SQL was installed as one of the options....

So, I need to be able to look at current events/alarms and acknowledge as necessary plus keep a log of what went on.

Anybody help me here because I'm not getting anything come up when I run it under Client....

This FactoryTalk has contributed to a lot of grey hair!

Many thanks guys in advance.

Oh, should I be ticking 'Enable server-assigned priorities' ??

Okay! Managed to solve this one by myself, although it was a question of a lot of combinations before being cracked.

One final problem outstanding......

If I configure my HMI Tag to be an 'alarm' to be compatible with the 'old' RSView32 way of doing things I can still see the alarm event under Alarms and Events object. This should also allow me to view the historical file using HMI Tag Alarm Log Viewer under Tools, but is there any way to also allow this in Client Runtime Mode without setting up SQL Server and Database??