Mapping RSLogix Code

Aaron

A
Hi all! I'm new to this PLC stuff, so please excuse my dumb questions.

I have inherited a project to expand on existing PLC code. I am using RSLogix 500 Starter Edition w/AB Micrologix 1500 controller. Although the code sits in front of me, I am having trouble deciphering it. I have a list of Tag Database names from the EZ Touch programming software. I am trying to reference the PLC Addresses to the RSLogix code. i.e. Find the TAG PLC ADDRESS B3:3/13 in the RS Logix code and highlight it. This is helping a little bit, but is there an easier way? It seems like some descriptions would be inserted into the RS Logix code somewhere. Hoping to find something that will tell me, for instance, that B3:4 corresponds to the "Tilt Forward Function," etc.

Or, can I convert the RS Logix code into a wiring diagram? (I think that would help me follow it better)

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Aaron

Click the Binary tags on the left-hand column, which says controller, program files and data files. The outputs, inputs, status and bits are under data file. It will open Binary Data file. In the Redix column on the bottom right of this data file, select Binary.
Now when you click on an individual bit, the symbol name and its description apears in the bottom. You could enter or change description and name at each bit level.

Descriptions

There is no description listed. It looks like the previous programmer did not include descriptions at all... every entry for every bit is blank. :/

It appears that you have uploaded the ladder logic from the PLC itselef. You have to have the documentation and that is stored on the computer itself.
In other words, you need to find the documentation from the orginal equipment manufacures and then upload the ladder from the PLC. When you go on line, use to file name and click on "upload us file" in RS logix.