FTV Studio ME v10 - how to manage alarm and message

jumpier

Hi guys

i'm newbe to FTV Studio and so i ask again your help! Two questions; the first: on plc i have an array for the alarms messages tag name = ALM type BOOL[1024[. Is better write 1024 alarm tags on FTV Studio or try to copy (on PLC) ALM bits array to DINT array and then use the DINT variables on FTV? If the second way is the best solution, what is the sintax on FTV --> alarm Setup --> Triggers for understand what bit is set (i.e. ALAM_DINT[0] && 2#1 for the bit zero ad so on ....)?

Second question: i need to manage two separate message category: alarms and service messages (for maintenance). Is possible make 2 differnt list for each category (like Alarm list object but also for service messages).

Thank you so much.

question 1.DINT's would be best. It would give you 32 triggers instead of 1024.

set trigger type to Bits. PLC Dint tags 0-31 will match up to Alarm tags 1-32. if DINT = 0 then no alarms would be active.

Your message file can use copy paste using excel. If description of alarms are already in PLC then export tags and copy from excel to message file.

The Message File is basically a spread sheet. Select a row and copy and paste in excel and you will see the format used by FTV.

alarm messages.PNG

question 2. Yes. go to properties of alarm screen open Alarm Tab, at the bottom you'll see a filter option. pick the triggers you want to display for that alarm screen. Triggers must be created first. Then you can use the radio button and just check the boxes.

alarm filter.PNG