Slow HMI recipe

cpt_mac

Hi there,

I'm using a Siemens Simatic HMI. I have several screens where there are pull down menus to select a recipe. This was working fine for a long time but sometime in the last 10 months it has become slow. It now takes up to 10 seconds to display the menu when you go to a new screen. Once it has displayed you can pull it down and select different options as normal. It is just the initial screen redraw that is slow.

Has anyone experienced anything like this before?

Cheers,
Andrew

In my experience all screens loaded for the 1st time after doing a download will take some time to load. But this only happens when the screen is loaded the 1st time. Do you experience this constantly and no downloads were done in between?

Where is the recipe being pulled out of, local or network?
Can you describe the system/hardware.

The recipe is stored on the SD card. I have found that moving the storage location to the flash gets rid of the problem but I'd like to know why there was a problem to begin with. The SD card is also being used for logging so if the card is getting flaky then that's an issue I'll need to deal with anyway.

The system is a TP1500 Comfort panel connected to 2 1200 series PLCs.

In my experience all screens loaded for the 1st time after doing a download will take some time to load. But this only happens when the screen is loaded the 1st time. Do you experience this constantly and no downloads were done in between?

It happens nearly every time I change to a screen with a recipe view. It has fast change a couple of times but I haven't spotted any pattern to it.

It happens nearly every time I change to a screen with a recipe view. It has fast change a couple of times but I haven't spotted any pattern to it.

It is odd. I think you narrowed it down pretty good. If you have another SD card you can swap them and know for sure

SD cards, like hard drives, do get fragmented. Also, the have a finite number of writes over their lifetime.

First, copy all the data to a computer folder, format the SD card, then write the data back to it. If it was fragmented that should take care of it. If not I would replace the card.

SD cards, like hard drives, do get fragmented. Also, the have a finite number of writes over their lifetime.

First, copy all the data to a computer folder, format the SD card, then write the data back to it. If it was fragmented that should take care of it. If not I would replace the card.

The SD card wasn't full, only about 50%. I tried deleting most of that so it was only 2% full but that had no effect.

I'll try reformatting and a new card when I can.

Thanks