UniOP HMI software

Bobogrammer

Good afternoon everyone,

Got a client with an oooold PLC/HMI setup. PLC is a SLC 5/02(logix 500 yes?) But for the HMI I've not a clue what software/version of software I'll need to aquire. HMI is an UniOP Model MKDL-25-0042, Serial 0012, H/W Version 33, S/W Version Fw33-4.09D. I believe its a "Designer" software, but as to what version and where to get it I'm at a loss for the moment. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
Bobo

Yes you need UniOP Designer. latest version is 6.10 and "knows" this panel, but from what I can see firmware 4.10 - 5.03.
Maybe you need an older version like 5.08 to upload the project from the panel, we had that once with a real old text panel, possibly firmware related.
The software is not free but maybe available when you contact exor.

There is a free utilty UniDataExchanger which you can use to up/download projects and firmware.

Here some documentation like RS-232 programming cable which you also might need.

Good luck :)

Thank you for the response Wimpie, only trouble I've seen is being able to get my hands on the older software, and some concerns with the cable communication. The cable in your example uses the PC's com port, which my laptop (Dell Latitude E5570) does not have. I do have a serial to usb cable, but the pinout might not be accurate. Along with these concerns is the possibility that the Desiger software might not be Windows 7 compatible, but I can VM that if so.

I've been in contact with a couple different distributors of UniOPs about software, and hopefully something turns up!

Thanks again!