MICRO800 LINT to WORDS

JJI

Hello!

I am building a program and transferring a lot of data. To get everything to fit, I am sending multiple LINT values.

How can I breakup the LINT into individual WORDS?

On Rockwells program sample web site, There is a function that your can download that will merger (Bits to word or dword) I'm not sure exactly what you seek.

What does your "LINT" value represent? Do you really need a "LINT" datatype?

JJI said:
...I am building a program and transferring a lot of data. To get everything to fit, I am sending multiple LINT values.

If you simply want to "break" or bit-wise split the least and most significant words in a LINT 64-bit word into two separate 32-bit words, then you can copy the LINT into an array of 2 DINT words. The Copy (COP) instruction block in CCW will also allow you to swap the order of the least and most significant LINT words while copying to the two DINT tag variables.

Regards,
George

Hello!

I am building a program and transferring a lot of data. To get everything to fit, I am sending multiple LINT values.

1 LINT, 2 DINTs, 4 INTs, 8 SINTs are all the same number of bytes, and since data transfers usually have a limit to the number of bytes, packing everything into LINTs may not be giving you anything, except the hassle of dealing with it.

1 LINT, 2 DINTs, 4 INTs, 8 SINTs are all the same number of bytes, and since data transfers usually have a limit to the number of bytes, packing everything into LINTs may not be giving you anything, except the hassle of dealing with it.

This is exactly my point! Do you really need to use the "LINT" datatype?

Unfortunately, the Micro800 limits the amount of elements you can assign to MODBUS mapping at 200. I need to periodically move a giant recipe from the master to multiple slaves before the master issues a command to run the process. Once the process is being run, I'm only moving about 4 words back and fourth from master to the slaves.

The recipe data exceeds the MODBUS mapping if I don't use nearly all LINT. It is strange that it is not limited by the number of MODBUS address only the amount of elements regardless of the type.

The COP function posted looks like the best option and then I can manipulate the DINT easily. The info on big endian cleared up a lot of confusion on my end.

Are the control logix and compact logic also big endian?

Sounds to me like you already need more HorsePower and you just started this project, maybe the Micro800 is not the best choice for the Plc.

Whats going to happen when you need to expand this project 6 months down the road?

Just something to think about.

Good Luck.

damica1,
I completely agree. We are trying to break into an industry with a low cost machine and give it enough options to make it competitive. If we can get into the industry, we will go to control series very quickly.