Sinamics S120 Questions

plcengineer

I have a master slave setup for speed control.. I used the encoder speed unsmoothed from the master to the slaves.. It is a speed control application and it doesn't require load sharing.. The slave runs a ratio to the master..

Do I need to send a torque setpoint even though I need speed control?

Should I put a filter of 1ms on the encoder feedback to send to the slaves.. Or, is there another tag I should send to the slaves for the master speed reference?

I went through all the tuning and speed optimization.. I see a 3-5 RPM variation on the reference.. Is that normal? What is the best way to tighten up the speed control? I thought it would be closer with all the tuning I did but maybe it needs manual attention?

I seen different choices of setup in the starter software.. I have mine setup now for a speed control with encoder. I noticed many choices and one of them said something about precise speed control for textile? Not sure if any of those choices would help tighten things up..

Would the extended ramp generator with setpoint tracking help? I do have the ramp generator on and I have my ACC 3 sec and my DEC 4 sec.. I read that with the setpoint tracking, you can enter the delta speed value to maintain? I think it was P1148

Thanks,

Last edited: