Using functions in a Custom DLL in RSView

ettikudiappan

Hi
I am trying to use a custom built dll in RsView, by using the functions in the dll as if they were functions in RsView itself.

I have used this successfully in Wonderware by converting the dll into a wdf file using the crypt utility. Once the dll and wdf files is copied to the InTouch directory, I can use the functions in dll as if they are functions in Wonderware itself.

Is there any way I can do the same in RsView? The DLL is not an activex control that I can embed in the RsView.

I haven't tried it, but VBA does support calls to DLL's. Look up the 'Declare' keyword in VBA Help.

Basically, you declare a function or sub, and the library it is in, at the top of a module, then you can use it.

Public Declare Function "DLL_Scale_Value" Lib "MyTestDLL" as Integer

Function MySubSomething
Dim High as Integer
Dim Low as Integer
Dim Raw as Integer
Dim Test as Integer

High = 5000
Low = 2000
Raw = 1800

Test = DLL_Scale_Value(High, Low, Raw)