Factory Talk View ME 1 button 2 different functions

Hello,

I have 2 screens that I can call up from the PLC. The reason I am calling them from the PLC is the customer wants to touch a button to enable one thing then hold a button to bring up an on top screen. I am triggering this through the PLC with a timer. If they tap the button the screen doesn't come up (aka timer didn't go finished). If they hold the button for 2 seconds in this case (timer went don) the PLC triggers the screen to come up via global connections and the remote display number.

Question is how can I alter the position of this screen via parameters as well?

It seems like if I used a go to display button I could pass parameters into it to change the position of this on top screen. But I can't figure out another way to accomplish this to have 2 functions for the same button. I may be looking at it wrong in that I need 2 separate buttons, one button for the tap and one for the go to display and maybe only enable the go to display button after the timer goes finished?

Maybe typing this out I just answered my own question... Anyways thoughts are appreciated if anyone has experience with this.

Thanks,
PG

My thought I had while writing this did not work. I tried having a go to display button with visibility properties set off the timer. This did not work as you have to let loose of the button then press it again to get the go to display button to work.

Has anyone tried something similar to this in factory talk view ME? Again I can get it to work with bringing up the display from the PLC but I also want to change the position that the display shows up at. I can't seem to find a good way to accomplish this except with a go to display button.

I don't think you can do everything you want here.
- one button with both a short press action & a long press action
- write a tag value on short press & open a display on long press
- have a variable location for the display open that the PLC can set

The "remote display open" will only open the display at its default location (its own display properties). So if you are using the PLC to open the display, that is set.

You could make a few copies of the display, each with a different open location. Then have the PLC open the correct display for your situation.

Or, just create two different buttons on the screen (so that the choice of actions is obvious to the user). One button for the tag set, and another to open a display.