ML1100 analog input help

kbradray

I am creating a control system to monitor several liquid inputs for a washing system. The inputs are to include several discrete IO, conductivity and temperature. I can manage most issues dealing with the programming, but my experience with analog is very limited. Actually I have no idea where to begin other than reading what I can on this website. I have read the SLC instruction manual dealing with Analog inputs and how one can configure the modules within the program, but I will be using a ML1100 (1763-L16AWA) and the manual is not as descriptive (no programming examples). I will be adding the 4 option modules in the following configuration.

Slot 1-- 1762-IA8 input module

Slot 2-- 1762-OA8 output module

Slot 3-- 1762-IF4 analog input module

Slot 4-- 1762-IF4 analog input module

During my reading on this site I have discovered that the ML1100 analog input cards have a configuration screen which can be accessed through the IO Configuration in the explorer window. Once here I can double click on the Analog module and get to a screen with 3 tabs (expansion general config. Analog input config. and generic extra data config). From this point I no longer have any idea of what to do.

Any programming or configuration ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Ken

First set dip switches for input type current or voltage (see page 8 of manual) default is current.

CardSetup.jpg

Raw input data values for card in slot three are in address ( see page 14 of manual)
I:3.0 channel one
I:3.1 channel two
I:3.2 channel three
I:3.3 Channel four
Same follow for card in slot four addresses will be I:4.0,1,2,3

I configured the card for 4 to 20ma and a data format of Scaled for PID this
configuration will give the following values in the input words.
4 ma= 0
20 ma= 16383
see PDF for data format values.

See sample program for scaling raw data to engineering units. (your scaling will vary of course)

Card Manual:
http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/in/1762-in012_-en-p.pdf

Last edited:
Thanks Mickey

Mickey,

Thanks for your response. This gets me on my way.

I could not open the logix file (new1100), but you gave me enough information to get started.

Thanks again
Ken

kbradray said:
Mickey,

Thanks for your response. This gets me on my way.

I could not open the logix file (new1100), but you gave me enough information to get started.

Thanks again
Ken

Maybe a ver. issue (I have ver 7.20 cpr7) as to why you can't open it? below is a PDF of scale example.

Going

Thanks again Mickey

I am rolling right along now thanks to your help.

This is really one of the first integrations from scratch that I have done. I have done several modifications to existing programs for add ons, but none from scratch. Sometimes I just need a nudge in the right direction to get the ball rolling.

thanks again
Ken

Be warned here (I ran into this a few weeks ago). A couple of the analog input cards for the micrologix plcs have dip switches on the boards that you need to access through the air vents with a small screwdriver to toggle the circuitry between current and voltage. You must do this as well as configure it through software or it will not behave correctly.