You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old June 11th, 2019, 08:06 AM   #1
iggy
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

Moving AOI's from one project to another

Is there a way to move multiple AOI's from one project to another all at once.
All I can see is to export one at a time and import them one at a time.
RSLOGIX 5000 v.20

Thanks
I was doing some PLC Programming on my laptop while waiting on my grandmother to get ready to go out to lunch. She says she is ready, I tell her to hold on a sec I have to find a couple of bits, she reaches into her purse and pulls out a quarter for me.
Old June 11th, 2019, 12:27 PM   #2
Operaghost
United States

I think this will work......

Create logic that uses the AOIs you want to export. The logic doesn't have to verify. Just throw one of each instruction into a routine.

Export the routine and it will also export the AOIs.

OG
Old June 11th, 2019, 12:36 PM   #3
iggy
United States

Each has its own function block, so either way it would take some time.
I just ended up exporting each and importing them. I was just looking to save some time, thanks for your responce.
I was doing some PLC Programming on my laptop while waiting on my grandmother to get ready to go out to lunch. She says she is ready, I tell her to hold on a sec I have to find a couple of bits, she reaches into her purse and pulls out a quarter for me.
Old June 11th, 2019, 06:00 PM   #4
ASF
Australia

I'm 99% sure that you can also select multiple AOI's and drag and drop from one program to the other. Why can't you select multiple AOI's and export? Į\_(ツ)_/Į
Old June 12th, 2019, 06:21 AM   #5
iggy
United States

I tryed that, it did not work for me.
Old June 12th, 2019, 06:25 AM   #6
Contr_Conn
United States

Rung export is the best way to transfer AOIs.
This will create all datatypes and include all nested AOIs as well.
It will also bring Message instruction configurations, if AOIs use them.
Old June 12th, 2019, 05:50 PM   #7
ASF
Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy View Post
I tryed that, it did not work for me.
I just dragged and dropped 15 AOI's from one project to another. Tested from v29 to v29, and from v29 to v24. What version are you working with? It could be a feature that was added in a later revision.
Old June 12th, 2019, 10:15 PM   #8
willxfmr
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASF View Post
I just dragged and dropped 15 AOI's from one project to another. Tested from v29 to v29, and from v29 to v24. What version are you working with? It could be a feature that was added in a later revision.
Just looking for clarification. Did you "drag and drop", or copy/paste? On our system (RSL5K v20) copy/paste between programs does not work, so I use export/import.

Bubba.
ďNow will come the nay-sayers with all the reasons why you shouldn't do this. Some of them are teachers, and some of us are doers. Besides, you have got to let the smoke out of this equipment every now and then, or it starts to clog up the chimney.Ē
~Lancie1
Old June 13th, 2019, 06:09 AM   #9
iggy
United States

I am using version 20. I tryed the copy and paste and drag and drop neither seemed to work for me.
Thanks again for all the respones.
Old June 13th, 2019, 06:12 PM   #10
ASF
Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by willxfmr View Post
Just looking for clarification. Did you "drag and drop", or copy/paste? On our system (RSL5K v20) copy/paste between programs does not work, so I use export/import.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy View Post
I am using version 20. I tryed the copy and paste and drag and drop neither seemed to work for me.
Thanks again for all the respones.
Okay, okay, now you've got my curiosity all worked up!

Copy/paste and drag/drop both work for me as early as v17. Itís important to note that you have to drag the AOIís onto the Add-On Instructions folder itself, or click on the Add-On Instructions folder before pasting.

v16: AOIís first introduced with no ability for drag/drop or copy/paste
v17: Drag/drop and copy/paste of a one AOI at a time is possible
v26: Ability to select and drag/drop or copy/paste multiple AOIís added

Note that while the ability to select and copy multiple AOIís was added in v26, earlier versions do not have the ability to paste multiple AOIís. If you drag/drop multiple AOIís from a v26+ project to a v24- project, only one AOI will actually be copied.
Old June 14th, 2019, 08:03 AM   #11
iggy
United States

I tryed it again and it did not work at first, for some reason when using 2 monitors if you have one project on one screen and one project on another it will not work, but if I put both on one screen it worked... weird.
I Could only do one at a time but it is good to know I can do it.
Thanks again.
Old June 14th, 2019, 10:01 PM   #12
willxfmr
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASF View Post
Okay, okay, now you've got my curiosity all worked up!

Copy/paste and drag/drop both work for me as early as v17. Itís important to note that you have to drag the AOIís onto the Add-On Instructions folder itself, or click on the Add-On Instructions folder before pasting.
That was my problem. I was trying to go straight to a rung with it. Thanks for the help!

Bubba.
ďNow will come the nay-sayers with all the reasons why you shouldn't do this. Some of them are teachers, and some of us are doers. Besides, you have got to let the smoke out of this equipment every now and then, or it starts to clog up the chimney.Ē
~Lancie1
Old Yesterday, 12:34 AM   #13
ASF
Australia

Glad to be of assistance! Not working across multiple monitors is something I would never have thought to check. I wonder how that even happens? Seems to me it'd be harder to make it *not* work in that manner, than to just have it work as you'd expect!
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum