You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old June 11th, 2019, 05:05 PM   #1
Bullzi
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

RSL 5K v32

Is anyone using RSL 5k V32? Any issues?

My standard version for new projects up to now has been v28. I have a new project that I am working on so I was wondering if it was a good time to go to v32 for my "standard"?

Please share your thoughts about that.
Thanks!!
Old June 11th, 2019, 05:45 PM   #2
ASF
Australia

I've not used it yet, though I'm about to. My standard for a long while has been v29, but I'm about to use a 1756-L82ES Guard Logix on a project, which will necessitate at least v31.

I did a bit of work a couple of months back helping integrate a couple of new picking/placing robots, which were programmed with v32. Opened the code and had a poke around, didn't see anything massively concerning (aside from the way they seem to have put a heap of the navigation tools etc in a bingo ball and pulled them out at random to decide whereabouts on the screen they should go this time).

Apparently it's supposed to look a lot more like CCW - maybe if you're more familiar with CCW than I am it'll make more sense, but for me it just made my eye twitch. I mean FFS, Logix is your flagship software and CCW is free and has been largely panned as terrible* software! Why would you want to make Logix look like that, and not the other way around?

(*I hear CCW has become significantly less terrible lately, but I've not been back for a look for a couple of years now)

TLDR, I guess I can't give you any really valuable feedback.
Old June 11th, 2019, 05:58 PM   #3
rupej
United States

I've used v32 for my past few projects. The new interface takes a day or so to get used to, but I've found it to be vastly improved. Also the drive interface is way cleaner and quicker.
Old June 12th, 2019, 07:05 PM   #4
Jeev
Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASF View Post
Apparently it's supposed to look a lot more like CCW - maybe if you're more familiar with CCW than I am it'll make more sense, but for me it just made my eye twitch. I mean FFS, Logix is your flagship software and CCW is free and has been largely panned as terrible* software! Why would you want to make Logix look like that, and not the other way around?

Because CCW is round, pretty, and based around clicking and dragging. Of course it must be better. 🙄
Old June 13th, 2019, 07:07 AM   #5
jstolaruk
United States

I'm using it with Guardlogix, same experience as rupej.
Old June 13th, 2019, 10:21 PM   #6
Bullzi
United States

Thanks for the advice everyone. I decided to just go for it. I figured that if this is the way AB is going in future revisions I might as well get use to it.

I see what you mean ASF but with some tweaking on the font and background color I was able to make it look more like I am use to. It didn't take too long to get use to the new look. I will see how it goes from here.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum