Ishida Scale Password Reset

DUNK

I know this is a PLC forum, but I know this site is full of people that work in industry.

I have an Ishida multibucket scale and someone has changed the maintenance password on me. The closest rep. for Ishida is in California and they are closed. I know their is a way for me to reset all the passwords on this machine, but for the life of me I cant remember how to do it. Does anyone know how this is done?

Please share

Hello I am a mechanic at Kellogg's an I am having this same issue. We also run the Ishida scale units. Could you please let me know what you had to do to reset the Ishida password, we are currently locked out.

Inside the UI there are some dip switches. Turning one of them on over-rides all of the passwords. It's been about 15 years since I've had to do it, so I don't remember which one. And it's probably model dependent. (e.g. NZ, RZ, M, etc.)

I can only help you with 2 different models. The models I have are CCW-M and CCW-RVE.

On the CCW-M.... Inside the touchscreen interface you will find dip switches. Turn on switch 1 and it will bypass the password. Make sure you turn it back off once you change the password.

CCW-RVE... Key in and include the dots .7020213331.
It is possible the RVE password changes depending on the date. I cant remember.

Inside the UI there are some dip switches. Turning one of them on over-rides all of the passwords. It's been about 15 years since I've had to do it, so I don't remember which one. And it's probably model dependent. (e.g. NZ, RZ, M, etc.)
You wouldn't happened to know the Master pass code to an old Ishida Model CCW-EM would you?

You wouldn't happened to know the Master pass code to an old Ishida Model CCW-EM would you?

It is possible this has the same interface as the older machine that I have. Remove the touch screen and you will expose a circuit board. It has a row of dip switches attached to this board. Switch number 1 is the bypass password switch. Turn this on and then change your password to what ever you want. Once done be sure to turn the switch back off.