siemens S7-1200

Donnchadh

Lifetime Supporting Member
HI All

I have a Siemens S7-1200 plc ver 14 TIA
to the left of the plc I have a serial card and to the left of that I have a
CP1243-1 ethernet card
I am using a TSEND_C block that works perfect if is use the IP address range of the cpu port. When I use the range of the card i get an error and this depends on what value I place in the interfaceid
I have been told that this has to be 64 and this give me error
80a4
IP address of the remote endpoint of the connection is invalid or it matches the IP address of the local partner.
as I said When I plug the cable into the cpu port it works fine
I cant leave in the cpu port as I need this for profinet and I cant get a card to do that for a s7-1200 module I have

so hardware is
cpu 6ES7 214-1AG40-0XB0 firmware 4.2
first card to the left 6ES7 241-1AH32-0XB0 firware 2.1
second card 6GK7 243-1BX30-0XE0 v2.0

Thanks

Donnchadh

64 is the value of the HW ID of the interface of the PLC, so if you use that then it will try to use the interface ID of the CPU. Which explains why it only works for those scenarios.

You need to find the HWID of the CP1243-1 card. In the HW Config, I think the tab under properties is something like "system Constants". The system generates a value for every single HW device in the project, for you to reference when using system instructions. They usually have a nice text name for the constant in addition to the number.

.You need to find the HWID of the CP1243-1 card. In the HW Config, I think the tab under properties is something like "system Constants". The system generates a value for every single HW device in the project, for you to reference when using system instructions. They usually have a nice text name for the constant in addition to the number.
Yes, System Constants is what you are looking for.
The text name is the better one to use here. It is called the symbolic name. If the hardware configuration is modified in the future, that 64 could change and your logic would then point to the wrong location. Using the symbolic name, the logical link will stay valid regardless of the absolute (numeric) address.

Last edited:
Hi

Thanks for your answers
I looked at this yesterday and the this card has two hwid
270 and 271 amd ye are correct the Plc is hardware number 64
I will post a screen shot later of where I got these numbers
I tried both so I think I am on the right track but using the wrong number
I not sure were I could use the symbolic name in the dB
When I go to site I will take a few screen shots and post
As they say a picture tells a thousand words
Thanks again

Donnchadh

HI

Please see screen shots attached with the two hardware identifier numbers

I have tried both but none will work

Thanks

Capture.GIF Capture2.GIF

Monitor your "CONNECT" data block online. Make sure your InterfaceId is actually changing in the PLC. I think you might be changing your "Start Value" and downloading it to the PLC, but that has no effect on the "Actual Value".

Hi

So a little further down the road

I have learned that if I use ID 64 I can send TCP packets via the same port as the one for the profinet. I dont need to use the CP card
I am connecting to a domino laser
I now have an issue with the TSEDN_C fb is not working all the time.
I will have another go at this as I think it is not closing the connection( as it is opening it)

If anyone has done something like this please let me know

Thanks

Donnchadh

Hi all

Just to close this one out
As usually it was a case of operater error and this time I am the operator
I had an issue with the TSEND_c block
The issue was that for string length I had a zero where it should have been blank.This looks like a zero but it’s not it should have been grayed out.If I connect nothing to this point of the block the length is taken from the db, which is exactly what I wanted.
I did read the help on this a good few times but of course I knew it all and was only half reading it. It was a case of RTFM
“ read the f**k**g manual”
All working now so now I can move on to another project with new issues

Thanks again

Donnchadh

I have learned that if I use ID 64 I can send TCP packets via the same port as the one for the profinet. I dont need to use the CP card

Glad you got it all sorted out.

As an FYI (for completeness for future searchers if nothing else), you can use the integrated Ethernet port for TCP and PN simultaneously, as long as you only need one IP address. You need the CP card if you want the PLC to have a 2nd IP address.

Glad you got it all sorted out.

As an FYI (for completeness for future searchers if nothing else), you can use the integrated Ethernet port for TCP and PN simultaneously, as long as you only need one IP address. You need the CP card if you want the PLC to have a 2nd IP address.

There is also 4 or 8 communications at same time limit for 1200. (Communication resources)