PF755 AOP crashes Studio v32

BAJ

We can't seem to update our PF755 config in Studio 5k. We were able to use CCW to make the modifications, but even now when we try to synch/upload the PF755 settings into the project in Studio 5k, it crashes Studio 5k.

We tried deleting the drive AOP and re-creating it, still crashes.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
-Brad

If you open the drive properties form and click the "change" button from the General tab do you get a message that says something about not being able to connect to the drive database server? If you do, good luck. I had a similar issue starting early in 2018 that finally drove me into a new laptop.

Keith

Did you download the latest AOP for PowerFlex drives? I believe you need v5.03 for Studio v31 and 32.

After updating the AOP, you have to delete the drive from the tree and add it back, as it will have corrupted data that needs to be cleared.

Did you download the latest AOP for PowerFlex drives? I believe you need v5.03 for Studio v31 and 32.
After updating the AOP, you have to delete the drive from the tree and add it back, as it will have corrupted data that needs to be cleared.
I downloaded v5.04. 1.2gb download, that's neat. RA programmers are apparently paid by the byte. Fortunately I was able to get on the web at the shop, but I'm often tethered to my cell phone when working on-site, so this is a horrible upgrade model. 40 minutes to install the AOP, good thing I had nothing else to do, or did I?

I certainly hope you don't have to delete ALL PF755's in a project and re-add when you upgrade the AOP - that's unacceptable. We only have four on this project, but I've been on projects where we've had 20-30 drives. And what is the end-user suppose to do when they have to replace a failed PF755 at 2am and that has newer f/w than the AOP has? This is not looking like a reasonably maintainable system.

I hear ya. I just went through this and it was really annoying. But I'm not sure that you need to delete the drive for every AOP upgrade, I just know that in that particular case you do.

Did you get it working?

No, I ran out of time. Between downloading, install, and continued crashing I felt like most of the day was a complete waste of time. This was the last thing left on our shop checkout but it will have to be done on-site. The machine is being torn down to ship and I'm needed on another part of the project anyway, headed your direction ironically.

Studio was still crashing on me though every time I closed the AOP. I did find out that I was suppose to "run as admin" on the AOP installer, despite my user being admin, so next up is to figure out how to remove the AOP and reinstall. the "Uninstall" radio button on the AOP installer is grayed-out, so there must be a different procedure.

FYI, the recommendation I got for all RA software install is to *always* "run as admin".

I'll try to remember to post later if/when this gets resolved.