PLC Redundant IO Server for HMI Nodes

bit3399

Hello Team,

Please I need your help on these!

I have a set up with two redundant PLC. There is a primary and secondary server I.e redundant server. All wonderware HMI nodes communicates with the primary PLC. On failure of the primary server, all the nodes are expected to switch to the secondary(backup) server.

Here are my questions:
1.At any point in time when the primary server is updated, how can the backup server too get updated with exact data use for the primary server.

2. If node 1 is directly connected to the primary server and node 2 is referencing tags on primary server, when primary server fails, and both nodes switch to the backup server, how will the tag referencing works. Since before failure, node 1 was connecting direclty to tags on primary server and node2 was connecting remotely to tags on primary server. What will happen to the referencing convention in both intouch application on node 1 and node 2?

Thanks Oceansoul.

PLC type is AB controllogix 5562. Communication to the IO server is through ethernet.
The system has redundant Controllogix PLC installed in 2 cabinets (PCS and SSS) both communicating through 1756-ENBT ethernet module via ethernet swicth to the IO server.

Available servers are DAserver for ABTCP and ABCIP.

1. How do I configure the system such that whenever changes or tag definitions updates are made in primary server, it should automatically reflect in the backup server ?

2. If node 1 is directly connected to the primary server and node 2 is referencing tags on primary server, when primary server fails, and both nodes switch to the backup server, how will the tag referencing works. Since before failure, node 1 was connecting direclty to tags on primary server and node2 was connecting remotely to tags on primary server. What will happen to the referencing convention in both intouch application on node 1 and node 2?

Any help on this? Pls!

PLC type is AB controllogix 5562. Communication to the IO server is through ethernet.
The system has redundant Controllogix PLC installed in 2 cabinets (PCS and SSS) both communicating through 1756-ENBT ethernet module via ethernet swicth to the IO server.

Available servers are DAserver for ABTCP and ABCIP.

1. How do I configure the system such that whenever changes or tag definitions updates are made in primary server, it should automatically reflect in the backup server ?