Creating new tags using Excel (RSL 5K)

Bullzi

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello everyone,
I have a new project and the customer has specified the TAG names for the project. Is there any way to create the tag names, descriptions and data type in Excel and import them into RSL 5K? I have done this with RSL 500 but am not sure how to do it with 5K.

Thanks for the help!!

From the Main Toolbar select TOOLS -EXPORT -Tag and Logic Comments. A Export dialog box will appear asking for a save location. Select Save as type as CSV. Click Export. Open the CSV File add your tags. From the Main Toolbar select TOOLS -IMPORT -Tag and Logic Comments. Click Import. Your tag will appear in the Tag data base

Thanks for the info. That worked perfectly. I thought it was much harder than 500 but isn't much different.