Omron Ethernet/IP to AB Point IO

AndrewY

Hi,

I'm trying to connect an Omron PLC (CS1, via an EIP21 card) to some Allen-Bradley Point IO (1734-AENT).

I have been using Omron's Network Configurator tool to set up the network and can happily see the two devices that I want to communicate together.

I have installed the latest eds files for the 1734 series, and configured it to match what we physically have (i.e. 2 slot chassis, slot 0: AENT header, slot 1: 1734-OB8 output).
I am able to download this to the Point IO device ... however whenever I upload it the device is saying that it has nothing configured in slot 1.

The other thing that I'm concerned about is the settings required for the number of Input and Output bytes to the Point IO device. I am currently trying an output size of 10 bytes, and input size of 14 bytes.

Any ideas?

cheers

Open up a web browser to the actual Point IO AENT module.
You MUST set the chassis size there, through it's own web interface, it won't take a download from anywhere else.

Very annoying.