Advise for RSLogix 500 Registration

gmultani52

I need a advise from my senior and experienced members regarding registration for Rslogix 500 software. This software I purchaged through ebay which consist one orignal CD of RSLogix 500 programming for the SLC 500 and micrologix Family ver.5.00.00. one flopy as Master disk 5 installs.
On E-bay it state as (This is ORIGINAL OEM Version 5.00.00 software .... The RSLogix™ family of ladder logic programming packages )

NOW my ? is What I will be loosing if I am NOT geting registed and will be gaining if Get registed. I have a very limited knowladge about this topic.
Advise will help me lot.
Thanks

You aren't losing anything by not registering it. If it is a legit copy, you will have to pay a few hundred dollars to get the software "in support". Then you can get the latest version.

One other thing though. Rockwell keeps track of who owns each serial number. By registering now, you may save a headache in the future.

By regitering E-bay software you may put in trouble guy who sold it.
You will not get support unless you pay for year.
Just use it...

Here's the deal; when you buy RSLogix software from RSI, the serial number gets registered to you and that's how RSI tracks you for eligibility for technical support and upgrades.

If you bought the software secondhand, the serial number is probably still registered to the original owner.

For you to be eligible for upgrades and technical support, the original owner must fill out a License Transfer form. Easy to get from RSI, call (440)646-7700.

If you don't want upgrades or technical support, go ahead and use the software as-is.

If the person you bought the software from is selling copies, then that's a violation of the software license.

Ebay is ebay ;)
A lot of people ebaying disks with previous software version when they recieve upgrade.
As well as manuals downloaded from the web.

Hi
Thanks for repling to all but if selling previou software, and retaning upgraded version is legal or voilation of law.
As suggested by Contr_conn

(
Ebay is ebay
A lot of people ebaying disks with previous software version when they recieve upgrade.)