AB 1394 GML diagrams do not match...now what?

jdbrandt

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am a newbie to this 1394 stuff (Indramat SYNAX/Indralogic guy),
but I am getting a 'diagrams do not match' info message when I
log on to a drive with what 'was' believed to be the most recent
file.

So, here's the question(s):
What do I have to do to get the programs to 'match'?

If the diagrams don't match, am I looking at the drive's
diagram on the screen, or what's in the file?

GML commander 4.03, sorry I forgot that detail.

Congratulations

You've just discovered one of the most annoying features of GML.
It requires almost no effort to get to this condition - looking at the file off-line and doing seemingly insignificant things with the mouse...perhaps you moved a block ever so slightly while looking at its parameters - that's all it takes.

What do I have to do to get the programs to 'match'?
The only way to make them match is do a download.

If the diagrams don't match, am I looking at the drive's
diagram on the screen, or what's in the file?

You're looking at the off-line file.

If you suspect that there may be real differences, the only thing you can do is upload from the controller. This gets you a script file (system must be stopped) which you can compare with the script file that GML will generate from your diagram. The comparison will be primarily manual as the last time I tried it, the formats of upload vs download were slightly differrent.