Converting GML to Controllogix

Faried

My project is migration hardware also logic of GML to new controllogix. as information, this GML connected to ULTRA 3000 servo driver and have 2 axis motion. The goal, controllogix will be direct connected to ULTRA 3000 via motion module M02AE. This my first experiences with GML hardware. My question:
1. can we convert logic of GML to RSLogix5000 directly (like RSLgx5 to RSLgx5000), if we have to use another softwere, what softwere used.
2. this GML have Digital input,Digital Output, and analog from encoder and ultra 3000. How we have to mapping address of this I/O to 1756-IB16 and 1756-OB16.
3. may the audiences have the GML software, can you share that software to us? and how we can get it.

thanks your attention..
best regards,

GML software is programmed using block diagram and is then compiled to a text file for downloading into the controller. When it is uploaded from the controller you only get the text file and there is no conversion software to convert it back into block diagram. So unless you have a copy of the file with an ectension of ".gml" which has the block diagrams you will not be able to convert it to controllogix. The GML software is available from Rockwell, or some could print a PDF of your program so that you could manually convert it to controllogix.

There's no software that I know of that will do a direct conversion, and if you don't have a copy of the source GML file to work from, you may have a hard road ahead. Even with the source file, there's no substitute for a good understanding of the system's operation and the GML/S-Class operation and the differences and enhancements in ControlLogix.

Actually, we have GML source of system, but we can't open this file because recently we haven't GML software. We just have hardcopy of print out logic sequence of GML. Is the Sequence Function Chart (SFC) on RSLgx5000 same with logical sequence on GML?

Faried said:
Actually, we have GML source of system, but we can't open this file because recently we haven't GML software. We just have hardcopy of print out logic sequence of GML. Is the Sequence Function Chart (SFC) on RSLgx5000 same with logical sequence on GML?
SFC's are not the same thing. GML might possibly be described as Sequential Function Blocks but it doesn't help much.

Does your printout include all the axis parameters, constants, and variables? You will definitely need those to understand the diagram. If not, you can post a copy of your source file here and I or others can produce a full printout in PDF format for you. Or PM me if you wish.