ASi monitor cable

laurens

Has anyone made up a cable for programming/monitoring ASi ? the cable is DB9 (pc) to RJ45 (ASi). I am hunting for the pinouts and will post them up when I find them... does anyone know them??
cheers
Mark @ Laurens Patisseries, Newark

I have An Ethernet Gateway ASI Master on site, the Programing Conection Is A RJ11. I have attched the .PDF i hope it is what you are looking for.

cheers myles

I think if it is a stand alone master it can be programed to perform logic on the connected slaves, via the rj11 port. I have mine just configured as a gateway via Ethernet I/P onto the controllogix platform. Its a IFM one not so sure about others.

The software is ASimon and the cable is a ASM-KC1 with DB9 (pc) to RJ45 (safety monitor).

Thanks Myles, the master is an IMF with two Schmersal monitors and multiple Schmersal safety switches. I have the m/c overlocked at the moment because as soon as try to introduce a new switch#2 to replace one which was defective (prog'd with hand held ASi prog) the monitor shows red led and can't run m/c.
Wanted to have a look with ASimon to see if it will tell me whats happening. I only normally use the hand held prog.
cheers
Mark