simatic net software.

DANGELOUS

Hello everybody. I have a question for simatic net software.I want to learn when,where and under which circumstances I can use simatic net software.I think this software is used to explain simatic drives.For example to introduce cp5611 etc. in pc and to make a connection between pc and plc over net.Is that true? And I wonder where I can find documents about simatic net.I hope you can help me.

with best regards

Simatic Net may mean many things.
There are various software packages and licenses, depending on what hardware it is intended for and what kind of connection shall be made.

Both STEP7 and WinCC Flexible have internal drivers for connecting via a CP5611 to an S7 PLC, so in these cases Simatic Net software is not needed.

Simatic Net is needed to for any kind of OPC and S7API connections, and sometimes also with HMI softwares that connects via Ethernet.

Is the connection among CP5611 and S7 plc and Wincc flexible supplied via PROFİBUS? After that can we see on the pc plc blocks and wincc program online?

Thanks for your reply

If you are going to use it for a scada system I suggest you dump it in the bin & go for INAT or S7A OPC.
my experience with this on an IFIX system is it's a monster.
Firstly it's a pain to configure, takes 1-2 mins scanning hardware before loading, falls over big time.
We have now had at least five instances where we have had to modify the configuration save it & then set it back (some reason this gets corrupted.
On other occasions it changed the MAC address? yes true on power failure it failed to communicate & it turned out to be the mac address had changed.
On other occasions we have had to remove & re-install.
We have another system on Kepware this has been very stable.
Our system integrator we use recommends we junk the S7 Net & use the S7A.

simatic net software

Hello Parky,

thank you very much for your reply.I have just read your mail because I was not here.I use WINCC software and plus OPC server PLC simatic S7 300 software.Your information was of use for my job. Thank you again for your suggestions.

Good luck

For WinCC Flexible, CP5611 and Profibus, there are internal drivers available. These are set with the Set PG/PC Interface utility.

Together with the WinCC Flex RT license is a bundled license for Simatic Softnet Ethernet, but you do not need it.
You can purchase a Simatic Softnet Profibus for use with the CP5611 card, but you do only need it in certain cases.

parky said:
On other occasions it changed the MAC address? yes true on power failure it failed to communicate & it turned out to be the mac address had changed.
The MAC address of what ? The PLC, the PC, or as it was setup in the Simatic Net configuration, or what ?
Anyway, after the initial struggle with grasping how Simatic Net is setup, I have not had any real problem with it. I have setup approx 20 installations with Simatic Net. Most problems I have experienced is with hardware defects on the PCs and with unauthorised users fiddling with the setup.

Sİmatİc Net Software

Thank you for your suggestions Jesper.I will use simatic net software to connect to the simatic S7 300 software over net with net card.

Hi DANGELOUS.

I just want to make it clear that you dont HAVE to purchase Simatic Softnet Profibus S7 in order to communicate from WinCC Flexible to S7 via a CP5611. There are drivers included in the WinCC Flex RT package to connect via the S7ONLINE access point.