Integrated architecture builder

Alan Case

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi. I cannot play any of the demo movies that came with Rockwells IAB.
The movies are in AVI format but my media player (Microsoft) just does not play the game. I get a message that decompression software is not present. Any ideas. Regards Aan Case

Alan,

That's not the only thing not working with Rockweel. I have the smallest version of RSLogix5000, which can only program CompactLogix and FlexLogix. But all of the included examples but two are for ControlLogix and I can't even take a look at them!

Maybe somebody here has a bigger version of RSLogix. If he/she would be so kind as to export these examples to L5K format, I would be happy to take a look at them and maybe convert them to CompactLogix.

Kind regards,

Jean Pierre Vandecandelaere

Excellent point, Jean Pierre. Most of the example programs that are included with RSLogix 5000 were written before the FlexLogix and CompactLogix were developed, and several concern modules that aren't available for those platforms, like 1756-DHRIO and 1756-PLS.

There are 19 sample programs included with RSLogix 5000 version 11. Six look like they are ControlLogix only, while the others concern features that are available in FlexLogix (like ControlNet) and others could be run on CompactLogix too.

If any of them contain physical I/O they will be necessarily harder to convert... do you have any that you specifically want to see ?