Omron NT11S software

Glanford

I have been given an Omron NT11S-SF121B Programmable Terminal. I've never seen this type of device before. I've been asked to download the program from it so it can then be uploaded to a replacement terminal.

Some research had me beleiving the NT Support Tool required to configure this device was available on the CX-One disk. I've downloaded the trial, and cannot find anything.

I've managed to find a download for NT11S Support Tool Version 1.0, and have got it to run on Doxbox. But now it seems I need a special serial cable to program it. I'm not familiar with Dosbox either, and am not even sure how I get it to talk to the device via a serial port (which will have to be a USB-serial adapter, which may be difficult as the software only lets you choose COM1 or COM2).

Anyways, I'm looking for some advice or tips. Omron has been less than helpful.

Does anyone have any experience with these old terminals? Is there a Windows XP (or greater) version of the tools?

NTST is on the DVD you receive when you buy CX-One I believe - have not used it for years as those terminals are dead as far as I know and have been for years.
I doubt that it would be available in the demo software.
I think you can download the software here
http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=964
I do not believe it was ever written for Windows.
I would be throwing the terminal away and replacing with an NS - they are brilliant - or an NB - they are pretty good and the software is free.
I am amazed that Omron were less than helpful - I have always found them to be extremely helpful - far more helpful than any of my other suppliers and I deal with NHP, Schneider, Inaco and quite a few others. I have always considered Omron support to be better than any of the others. If you have issues getting support for PLCs contact me by PM and I will give you a name or two.

To Bobs dispear I work with NT600S screens often! Infact I did a modification to one today! The NTST software would be the go. But that said I have never worked with an NT11 however we do have three on site. I started up a test project with a NT11 just before to confirm it was available on the Support Tool. I have version NTST 4.8 running on Win 7 Pro. I just use a regular RS232C cable and an Omron CIF31 USB to serial adaptor. I can state I have never had ANY problems with the NTST support tool on Win 7 in combination with the CIF31 USB to serial adaptor and the $10 Jaycar RS232C cable.
Check you PM inbox for a surprise!

Last edited: